Do you lay at night dreaming how you want your life to be?
People dream of living a different life than the one they are living.
Perhaps it has to do with their career, or it can be something in their personal life.
But, hoping and praying that changes will happen usually don’t serve as well as when you are visualizing your ideal life.
When you visualize how you want your life to go, it’s almost as though you are mapping out a plan.
You don’t just visualize one aspect of that new life.
- You try to imagine all the steps you may need to take to get where you want to be.
- It gives you a foundation for something to strive for. You need to see it and feel how it would be.
- It also sets up your brain to redefine your neural pathways. When this happens, you increase the chance of accomplishing your new life.
It’s often said that if you want to know what to do in life, focus on what you are daydreaming about.
This makes sense as your daydreams are often about what you desire.
For instance, if you have always wanted to start up a business, you will not only think about that in your daydreams,
You will think about exactly what kind of business you want to start.
You will see yourself in the role.
When you do daydream about your ideal life, try to write down your thoughts.
This can be the start of your business plan, and you can set out to formalize it.
It’s easier today to visualize how you want your life to be.
You could try to come up with a Vision Board.
A Vision Board
A vision board is a collage of images, pictures, and affirmations of your dreams, goals, and things that make you happy.
It can also be called a dream board, treasure map, or vision map.
Creating a vision board can be a useful tool to help you conceptualize your goals and can serve as a source of motivation as you work towards achieving your dreams.
When starting your Vision Board
- What activities do you want to learn how to do?
- What hobbies and activities do you already do, but want to continue doing or get better at?
- What are your career goals? What steps will you have to accomplish along the way to be able to eventually land your dream job?
- What are your relationship goals? Don’t think just in terms of whether or not you want to be married, be in a long-term relationship or have children: think more specifically about what kind of person you want to be with, how you’d like to spend time with your partner, etc.
If you decide to do a vision board.
You can find magazines from your local library.
Display it where you will see it every day. It increases the strength of your vision board.
It’s important to continue to visualize the life you want.
This reinforcement makes it become an integral part of your life, which means you will take the correct steps to move toward your goals.
[maxbutton id=”13″ ]